OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19 HEALTH CONCERNS
Updated COVID-19 Standards - Updated October 7, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we are constantly working to fine-tune our Brand Standards and cleaning protocols for all 9Round studios. We have implemented modifications to our original COVID-19 Brand Standards as of October 7, 2020.
These changes will allow our daily operations to run safely and efficiently as more members are feeling comfortable returning to their local studio.
Updated COVID-19 brand standards:
- Trainers are now required to wipe down all punching bags, bathroom fixtures, door handles, locker handles, computer accessories, etc. twice a day.
- Trainers are required to mop the entire floor once a day, or as needed.
- Trainers may now use the new 9Round Focus Sticks to engage with members and work with them off the bag during the workout, if their state or local area has a low community spread of COVID-19. Both the member and trainer must consent to participating and both must be wearing face masks in order to work with Focus Sticks. (See the recent update below this one for more information about our new Focus Sticks.)
- The Introductory Workout will now include our contactless option and our Focus Stick option for the Trainer-Led Drill portion of the workout. Members and trainers must consent to using the Focus Sticks and must both be wearing face masks in order to participate.
As always, our top priority is the health and safety of our members, franchise owners, and employees. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust our Brand Standards as necessary. Please remember to check this page for our latest COVID-19 information.
Trainer-Led Drills (TLD) are Back with New 9Round Focus Sticks! - Updated September 28, 2020
It’s no secret that the Trainer-Led Drill is every 9Rounder’s favorite part of our Killer Workouts, so we’re thrilled to finally bring them back, at select studios, with a few adjustments, on October 5, 2020! Studios will be approved to offer Trainer-Led Drills based on the percentage of positive COVID-19 cases in their state or local area. Please contact your local 9Round studio to find out if they are approved to offer Trainer-Led Drills.
With the ongoing pandemic, we have had to make a few adjustments to how Trainer-Led Drills are performed to keep our members and trainers safe. This includes the introduction of our new 9Round Focus Sticks, in addition to our current Contactless Trainer-Led Drills!
Our new Focus Sticks help us perform the TLD in the studio with a little more space between members and trainers. These will be replacing Hand Pads, Thai Pads, and Shields until further notice. We can’t wait for you to get back in the gym and experience our signature 9Round combinations on the new Focus Sticks during your next TLD!
One important thing to note about the return of TLDs is that both the member and the trainer will be REQUIRED to wear face masks and both the member and the trainer have the option to choose a Contactless Trainer-Led Drill instead, if they are not comfortable using the new Focus Sticks. This is to protect the well-being of our members and our trainers, as we know not everyone is ready to participate in TLDs at this time.
If your state and local laws allow, you may remove your mask during the rest of your workout, but you must wear a face mask during the TLD portion of the workout in order to participate.
We hope you’re excited about the return of Trainer-Led Drills and the new 9Round Focus Sticks!
Update on 9Round Studios Reopening - Updated June 2, 2020
As more state and local governments are giving fitness centers the green light to reopen, many of our 9Round studios are back to hosting in-club workouts. The safety of our local communities remains our top priority, so any 9Round studios that are now open are following our stringent brand standards, which are detailed below in the updates made on April 29, 2020, and May 15, 2020.
These new brand standards include robust cleaning and sanitization requirements, as well as important physical distancing guidelines. In addition to our in-club protocols, we are providing members a way to book their workouts in advance, so studios are able to maintain the capacity limits set forth by their local and state governments.
We are extremely grateful for the continued support of the 9Round Nation, and we appreciate your cooperation with these new operating procedures, as it will help us ensure our studios remain a safe environment for working out.
How 9Round Studios are Preparing for Reopening - Updated May 15, 2020
As some local 9Round studios are preparing to reopen — with the guidance of federal, state, and local governments — we are focused on ensuring you have a safe environment for working out. To make sure you feel confident about returning to your 9Round club, we have developed a detailed set of standards and procedures for our franchise locations. The video below and our April 29, 2020 update on this page explain how 9Round studios across the world are preparing for your return.
As individual states and localities continue to allow boutique studios, like 9Round, to open, our franchisees and their trainers look forward to welcoming you back into their studios. When you’re ready, your local 9Round studio will be prepared to deliver the signature Killer Workouts you know and love with your health and safety in mind.
We can’t wait to kick it with you soon!
Updates Regarding Local 9Round Studios Reopening - Updated April 29, 2020
As more states and local areas decide to allow gyms to reopen, we want to make you fully aware of the standards you can expect inside local 9Round clubs. In addition to our new corporate policies, our gyms have been instructed to follow all applicable federal, state, and local guidelines. While we’ve had to make some changes to our normal operating procedures, we are committed to delivering the signature “Killer” Workout our members know and love! Please read below for more details about the changes we have made.
Upon reopening, there will be a new booking option in the 9Round Member Portal. Although it may cause some inconvenience, we believe that it is important for the health and safety of our members and trainers to maintain a reduced capacity in our club and allow time for our new increased cleaning protocol between sessions. So, in order to secure a workout time, members will need to schedule their desired workout time through the Member Portal. Some 9Round clubs may also have adjusted hours to help them accommodate these changes. Please visit your local club’s website to see their current hours.
Updated Operational Procedures
In addition to the new workout booking feature, we also have implemented the following policies for our clubs.
- Requiring all trainers to wear masks and regularly wash their hands while working in the gym; trainers will be required to stay home if they are ill
- Potentially requiring members to wear masks that cover the nose and mouth while working out – this will be decided at the local club level
- Following all applicable federal, state, and local guidelines
- Requesting that you book your workout time to secure your spot and minimize crowding at the gym and enable physical distancing
- Encouraging members to leave all belongings in their car and to minimize the use of lockers
- Spraying and wiping down all frequently touched surfaces (including doorknobs, countertops, bathroom fixtures, etc.) with sanitizing solutions every hour
- Sanitizing all smaller gym equipment (such as jump ropes or dumbbells) after each use and all punching bags each hour
- Taping off designated areas at each workout round in our circuit to maintain the recommended distance between people throughout the workout
- Discontinuing the use of public water fountains, the wrap roller, or the ring gong
- Removing all Trainer Led Drills from the workout and eliminating partner workouts and punch parties during the last 30 seconds of any round (only one person will be allowed at a station at a time)
- Maintaining recommended distancing while demonstrating each round’s exercise and eliminating high fives, fist bumps, etc.
- Ensuring anyone using our demo gloves wears nitrile or vinyl disposable gloves underneath the demo gloves, and thoroughly cleaning the demo gloves after each use
- Mopping the floor mats and cleaning the entire club twice each day
Additionally, for the safety of themselves and others, there are some guidelines that we are requesting our members follow in order to help us maintain a safe environment for working out.
- Follow all CDC guidelines regarding personal hygiene and stay home if you are feeling ill in any capacity, or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19
- Leave as many belongings as possible in your car and enter the club fully prepared with your hands already wrapped and your PULSE heart rate monitor on
- Enter and exit the club quickly without standing around in the lobby area – we will signal you when it’s time to enter and assign you to a round as you come in
- Stay within the marked areas at each round, as this helps you maintain the recommended distance from other members who are working out
- If desired, bring your own water bottle, as we will not allow people to use the public drinking fountain (bottled water may be available for purchase at your local club)
- If desired, bring your own towel to wipe sweat off the floor during your workout (towels may be available for purchase at your local club)
- Remove your hand wraps and your PULSE heart rate monitor outside the club after your workout
- Leave all family members who are not working out at home (guests may not wait in the lobby area of the club)
With these new standards in place, we feel confident that our clubs will be able to provide a safe environment for working out. We want to thank the entire 9Round Nation for the continued support while our gyms have been closed and for participating in the at-home workouts provided to continue getting stronger, mentally and physically, during this time. Your support is deeply appreciated.
A Message from Our Founders
At 9Round Fitness, our number one priority is the health and safety of our franchise owners, employees, and members. We have acted as quickly as possible to abide by all safety recommendations and requirements. As we continuously adapt to this fluid situation, we will be updating this page to answer some common questions you may have.
We want you to know that your local 9Round is run by people who are likely your neighbors. Your support during this time can help keep your local community’s economy healthy and is greatly appreciated.
The 9Round Home Office team has been working around the clock to safely produce and deliver at-home workout videos that all active 9Round members can have access to while we’re closed. This is how we are able to stay focused on our mission of ‘stronger in 30 minutes,’ even though it’s from a distance.
Please know that by choosing to keep your membership active during this time, you’re able to have a huge impact on whether or not your local 9Round club will be able to reopen in the future. We hope you will continue your membership and take advantage of our at-home workouts until your local club can reopen.
We know many of you may have questions about your membership and billing at this time. Since each 9Round club is locally owned and operated, all questions regarding the specifics of your membership must go through your local 9Round club. You can find more information on this and other common questions in the FAQ section below.
Keep your bodies healthy, as well as your minds. Take care of your families and let’s all try to enjoy the extra time we have to reflect on what’s most important to us.
To those who have continued to support us and our local franchise owners, we are eternally grateful, and we can’t wait until we can kick it with you again soon! Until then, stay strong, 9Rounders!
Shannon Hudson and Heather Hudson
We're still here for you! As an active 9Round member, you have full access to the 9Round Member Portal, where a new 30-minute at-home workout is added each day.
To log into your 9Round Member Portal, just follow these steps:
- U.S. members should navigate to www.9round.com/members. Canadian members should navigate to www.9round.ca/members.
- Log in using the email address associated with your 9Round in-club membership. If you are unsure of which email address to use, just reach out to your local club for assistance.
- After entering your email address and password, click the LOGIN button. If you don't remember your password, just click the Forgot Password button, enter your email address, and submit. You should receive an email with a link to reset your password.
- If you do not receive a password reset link, or anything above does not work for you, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you as soon as possible! Keep kickin'!
Yes! To use your PULSE Heart Rate Monitor at home, you will need to download the 9Round PULSE app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. For help with how to use the 9Round PULSE App, you can follow these directions.
To reach out to your local 9Round club, click on the Find a Gym tab at the top of the 9Round website. From there, click Visit Website next to your club’s location, and you’ll be taken to your club’s website. On that page, you’ll see contact information for your gym, including an Email Club button, which can be used to reach out directly to your local 9Round representatives.
First, you can find your 9Round club’s location-specific website using the Find a Gym tab at the top of the page. From there, when you click the Visit Website button next to your club’s location, you’ll be taken to the club’s website. If your gym is closed, you'll see this message: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this location is temporarily closed.
We know how important it is to stay connected with your favorite people, especially now, and your 9Round family is no exception! Make sure you’re watching your email inbox for updates from your local club about virtual events and workouts and be sure to follow them on social media to interact with your fellow 9Rounders.
You can also follow the 9Round Official Facebook and Instagram pages for brand updates, live workout events, fun challenges, exciting giveaways, and more!
Club re-opening dates will be determined by each individual club as owners continue to closely monitor evolving circumstances both locally and internationally. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. For specific information on your local club’s plans, please reach out directly to your club representatives.
We understand that you may have several questions about how your account is being handled at this time or what options you have regarding your membership.
While we truly hope you don’t freeze or cancel, and rather, make full use of our daily at-home workouts in the Member Portal, we understand that you may still want or need to freeze or cancel your membership during this time.
Since all 9Round locations are individually owned and operated, all cancellations, freeze requests, and billing issues must be handled by your local club, and you may contact your club regarding your account status.
If you need more information about how to reach out to your local club, please see How do I contact my local 9Round club? in this list of FAQs